* Bookstore is for Society Members only *
- Non-members should order direct through our distributor: Oxbow Books
- Ebooks should also be ordered direct from Oxbow.
- Discounts are available to trade customers: please contact the General Secretary.
Society Monographs and Silphium Press
The Society for Libyan Studies publishes detailed reports on its fieldwork projects as part of its Society Monographs series which also includes conference volumes and academic research connected to Libya. Silphium Press is the popular imprint of the Society, dedicated to works of more general interest on Libya. Found only in Cyrenaican Libya, Silphium was a plant that was used as a seasoning and medicine and was appreciated throughout the Mediterranean world from the seventh century BC to the first century AD when it became extinct, probably through overexploitation. The valuable product was the plant’s resin. Our logo is inspired by images of Silphium on the coins of Cyrene. The Society is also now developing a programme of ebooks – for old and new titles.
Ordering Books (Members Only)
Members may browse Society publications (below) and order titles from both of our imprints at significantly discounted prices. When you have chosen the title or titles you wish to purchase, simply proceed to the online checkout, complete the short form with your personal details and place your order. The General Secretary will then contact you to advise you of the postage costs and the total amount due, and to arrange payment.
- ** Please note, Society Members purchasing titles through the Online Bookstore will benefit from a further 10% Christmas Discount for all purchases completed before Tuesday 15 December 2020 **